3.12.2009

pardon moi


Ilse and I were scheming last time I was visiting and we decided we would make our millions by writing a recipe book for kiddos who are allergic to nearly everything under the sun (aka Kwilai). When attempting to empathize with her over her limited ingredient base to make meals for my niece who is allergic to Soy, Egg, Dairy, Peanuts and Tree Nuts, (yep, it's a long list) Ilse started rattling off some of the tricks she had to substitute out dairy and egg in recipes to make them Kwilai friendly. That gave us the idea, since most of the meals Ilse has converted into allergy free food are reciepes she simply had to experiment with. I.E You can make meatloaf with out egg and milk, you just have to make sure and use a ground beef that is only 85% lean. You need the fat inorder for it to stay a 'loaf' and not crumble when you're serving it.

I picked up this shirt several months out for K - she's the only kiddo I know who could sport it with style. I thought it would be great to wear to pre-school or the gym's daycare.
{back: Pardon MOI, I have multiple food allergies. The only thing you should feed me is a compliment.}

No comments: