12.21.2007

Christmas letter

Dear Karen:
Life has been in limbo. The building industry is hurting, as we all are aware of, and we thank God every day that Joel has a job. We are learning to live day to day knowing that God has a plan for our lives that is in the making with every step we take. Some days are harder than others, of course!
I have learned to enjoy the perks of working at a Spa- facials and all! It's wonderful to recieve such a great discount and share it with others. Joel had his first massage at my spa this past week and he is ready to have another. Of course with the uncertainty of Joel's job, both of our lives are on hold- Big and small things, that you take for granted- I've been wanting to join the gym with Joel, but have held back in the case that I can only take advantage of it for a month before we are uprooted and moved. I have been stubborn as the Lord has been teaching me to take root where I am planted- even if it means using the nature trail down the road as my personal gym.
Joel and I reached the one year mark more in love than the day we married and we are looking forward to what year two has to bring. We had a quiet celebration, which included turning our kitchen and living room in to our very own restaurant- filet mignon, suit & tie, dancing floor and all!

Thanksgiving was spent with Joel and I heading in 2 diffrent directions. I spent the week with ALL(gramas and cousins included) my family in Ohio and Joel carpooled with his uncle and brother as they headed to Florida to attend the Turkey Run at Daytona Beach (huge classic car show) which has become a tradition for them.

I can't believe Christmas is next week! I have to work on Christmas eve, but we are excited to have Joel's Uncle and brother over for dinner followed by a quiet Christmas morning with just the two of us (and our crooked tree).

This past year has been amazing! So many new friends and experiences-Joel and I couldn't be more thrilled to begin 2008!
Have a blessed holiday and a very Merry Christmas!
Jacqueline

No comments: