It's early in the morning, Joel has just left work and I already scarfed down a bowl of cereal and have found myself back under the covers- it's soo cold! The AC hasn't been turned on the past two months and we are trying to see just how long we can march around in sweat shirts and wool socks before we HAVE to turn the heat on.
Last week I stumbled upon some great fabric at an amazing deal, $2 a yard! I went ahead and purchased the coordinating fabric ($3 a yard!) too. I started sewing a duvet cover for our bed with the aspiration of sewing a matching bed skirt and euro shams. So far so good. Besides the fact that I can't cut or sew in a straight line- things are coming along. I tend to over measure, so I end up with blenty of scraps... I love the idea of sewing, sewing it self... I just can't handle all the measuring and numbers. When it come to being artistic, I'm a "throw paint on the canvas' artist and less of the detailed 'rembrandt' kind. The only space large enough for me to sprawl the fabric out is the floor, so this morning, my body literally feels like it played a competitive game of twister.
Yesterday after church, Joel and I had the chance to meet up with his Uncle and "lady friend" at the moonshine festival in Dawesonville. I have a feeling it's the only place left in the atlanta area where everyone still knows their neighbor. It was a true blue festival set smack dab in the middle of Dawsonville's town square. They had a ton of booths, all selling beads and bags. There was a car show attached to it as well. It was great for Joel and his Uncle- my only problem was that once I have seen a five 66' mustangs- I have seen a million mustangs- the only difference is the color. So after the third row of classics, I found a spot to grab a drink and hot peach cobbler in the shade :) It posed concern for Joel, as this Thanksgiving we are heading to Daytona Beach with His parents to go to the Turkey Run- one of the largest car shows- I think I'm going to bring a book and head to the beach!
No more new news about where joel's job may be taking us and when- but I promise, that as soon I know- you'll know! :)
10.29.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment