Hello!
I thought I would take advantage of the time I was resting with my feet propped up to update everyone on what is going on at the Samples household...
Joel is in town for the weekend, and has been working feverishly to sell his car, so far- to no avail. Please pray that we are able to miraculously sell it before the move. It would be SOO nice to only have to drive one car up North.
Joel flies out tomorrow evening and thus begins my very busy week without him. I am soo excited though to know that this will be the last time I will have to drop him off at the airport. After this weekend, I will be going with him to Baltimore. The plan is as follows:
Mon. - meet with friends
Tues. - get my hair highlighted and cut! (SOO revved about that!)
Wed.- last minute packing, meet with friends - (i know, rough life)
Thurs. - the movers come to pack up the apartment and load the storage containers. Joel flies home that night!
Fri.- 8:30 am, last Dr. appt with my Atl OB and then at 10:00 am we have a sonagram scheduled to tell us the sex of the baby and to make sure there are 10 fingers and 10 toes.
We are planning on leaving straight after that to Chapel Hill, NC to stay with my best friend from high school.
Sat.- leave NC in the morning and head to Baltimore, MD where my sister, niece and dad will be anticipating our arrival. (I AM SOO EXCITED)
My sister and I were talking about all the reasons to pay people to come and pack our stuff- even what little we have. I told her the most important reason to me was that I didn't want to wear myself out. I know the move will be hard enough- Joel having a new job, new city, new baby, etc... I didn't need to start our next adventure burnt out. I am so thankful the Lord has provided that option for us.
I found out GREAT NEWS today, the apartment complex does not require a notice AND does not have a check list of cleaning that has to be done. Their only request when you leave is that you leave no trash behind. What a relief! I was dreading cleaning- from the base boards to wiping down the blinds. (the Lord is soo good).
This past week I finished up my last week at work. It was crazy busy, but it went soo well. I will miss my buddies! It's amazing the relationships you form with people you spend 40 hours a week with. I promised everyone that I would stop before we left town to tell them if the baby is a boy or girl.
Joel and I are still rolling names around, we've narrowed down our choices for boy names, but aren't having much luck making progress on deciding on girl names. We seem to always disagree. (watch- the baby will be a girl- then we'll really be up creek w/o a paddle :) That's ok- I'm guessing we will spend much of the trip to B-more digging in the archives of our brains for names... (now if only i kept that list from 5th grade...) hehe.
Well- that's it. Oh- mark your calendars for the first weekend in August. (2nd). If you're around - Ohio that is... stop by! Joel and I will be in town visiting!
Have a great day!
Jac, Joel and babySamples
4.12.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment