It's an unholy hour on Thursday. I can't sleep, as I now have a full fledge sinus infection and a headache that ridiculous! Granted, the thought of ONLY being able to nurse it with Tylenol and Sudafed, isn't helping! (which i haven't even had the chance to start taking- i just don't feel like running to wal-mart at this hour) We also received some news last night about Joel's job and the next adventure ahead of us which has my thoughts racing.
Joel will begin working at a new position on a job up in Baltimore, MD. (Brandon Shores to be exact). If you google map it- you will see that it is right off the Chesapeake Bay. The catch is- he starts THIS MONDAY! The story so far is that he will work up there during the week and fly home on the weekends, at least until I can get organized and pack us up and completely relocate to Maryland. The AMAZING thing about all of this, is that I will only be 4 hours from my sister in Pittsburgh. A dream come true!
Details.Details.Details. The last time I moved states was after college, and I don't think that really counts... Between giving a notice at work, scheduling the move- movers vs. U-Haul, and of course, when we get there- finding a place to live! My head has been spinning. We have been told that Joel will most likely be on the job for a minimum of 18 months, and after that- who knows where they will send him next.
My mantra has been Proverbs 3:5-6, 'Trust in the Lord will all your heart, and lean not on your own understands, in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." I know that God is in control, and if I simply remove my "self", doubt, worry, and even my own understanding, the Lord so badly wants to take over and give me a peace that comes with truly trusting the One that is leading. The Lord has great plans for us, I can proclaim that promise- now I simply have to wake up each morning and surrender to it.
Baby time:
One of the best parts of having a baby is the shopping (at this point, window shopping)! Though I have to say, it didn't take me long to find a crib sets that I fell in love with! I wanted something that was gender neutral that I could use over and again (Lord willing!). www.landofnod.com - love this site! I am also really excited about the crib beddings sets that Dwell Studio has out at Target! So fun! and at a great price!
I can't wait to start painting pictures and sewing things for the nursery. Thankfully husbands (well, my hubby) aren't really into this stuff- so I finally am going to have a room in the house that I free rein to do what I like! Granted Joel will be looking over my shoulder and the check book :).
Things are going well with the pregnancy, though I did have a bit of a scare the weekend before my Doctor's visit, as I was cramping far more than what they had described as normal. At my Dr. appointments it was confirmed that my corpus luteum cyst was still there (instead of disappearing as it should have) and was most likely leaking- thus the complications with cramping and severe pain. Good News is that it will go away- it's just something that can happen and isn't very fun. The good thing that came out of all of this was that I got an impromptu ultrasound and was able to see the baby kick. It was amazing to see the changes from 9 weeks to 13 weeks- oh my, has the baby grown!
The next few weeks are going to be hectic, but very exciting! I promise to give updates often!
Jacqueline.
3.27.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment