This update is long overdue! I passed my deadline of attempting to write an entry every 4 weeks, long ago. So Sorry!
To catch everyone up:
We did find an apartment and will be moving in on Monday. It's itty bitty, but with the cost of living so high- we will just have to make IKEA our new best friend and learn to be SUPER organized. The apartment is actually in the same complex as the temp. apartment we are in now. Go figure we end up where we started off. Oh well. Between the cost of gas and attempting to have only one car, staying put allows Joel to be only 7 miles from work as well as get rides 2 and from the job site with several of his co-workers who live in the same complex when needed. I am so excited to get my STUFF back! It's going to be Christmas in June opening all the boxes.
The summer heat has already started to take it's toll. I think Joel is worried that by the end of the summer I will have a buzz cut. Thankfully the Lord provided a new best friend at a local hair cuttery to help elevate my insentient need to keep cutting my hair. My wardrobe now simply consists of cotton dresses and my bathing suit. The pool opened on Memorial day and you better believe it, I was the first there to grab a lounge chair! I'm looking forward to bopping in the pool to cure everything from heat stroke to back aches.
Joel's job is going well. We are thankful for everyday that he even has one. A couple weeks after moving up to Baltimore there was large lay off at his old office due to the lack of work in the Atlanta area. We also heard of some buddies of Joel who are in the Site Development/Heavy Construction industry get laid off from their jobs as well. With each discouraging phone call, the Lord has given us a new perspective on many of our moans and groans of the area we are living in and our current circumstances. Being thankful for the small stuff is an understatement to the Lord's way of giving us a dose of hard reality mixed with grace.
Well that's about it! There are some other things brewing that are keeping both Joel and I very busy, but I'll save that for the next entry.
Love from Maryland,
Joel, Jacqueline and Baby Whitaker
1 comment:
that dress is adorable! you look so cute prego! glad to hear you two are doing well!!!
Post a Comment