6.30.2008

3's a charm!

Third Trimester. 2/3rds's of the way there. Three month's left.
However you say it- we are finally on the home stretch! But, we aren't at the finish line yet.

Thus far most of my hormones have come out through sappy tears falling over the most pathetic commercials. I can't watch 2 seconds of the new Animal Protection 'somethin' or other' organization with Sarah McLachlan singing in the background- it kills me! The tears still fall at the drop of a hat, but the mood swings have arrived! They exhaust me as much as one of my 'waddle' walks around the mall. Yes, I said it- waddle. With 90% of the weight I have gained sitting front and center- my poor back and hips never had a chance.

As far as punches and kicks are concerned, I think our child will either be a world renown tap dancer at the age of two, or the next Jet Li at three. The baby also seems to be nocturnal - I'm sure all my running around during the day allows him to literally bump around for the ride and in the evenings when my feet are up, it gives him the opportunity to show off. Of course, like his daddy, he's shy. I've tried so hard to move fast enough to get Joel's hand where the punching bag seems to be at the time, but of course, the baby freezes as soon as he has Joel's attention.
For the memory book- Joel did feel Whitaker jump this week (wk. 28).
My favorite is when the baby stretches and holds and I can almost feel his little hands or feet.

The apartment is slowly coming together- I did get the majority of the pictures hung in record time. We still have some corners with bins that need to placed in storage (aka- mom and dad's basement!) As soon as I get those corners clear they will be filled with baby necessities. No square inch of this apartment will be left bare when all is said and done - in 'Clean House' style, of course!

Joel and I are thrilled that Joel's Uncle is making a bassinet for the baby in the shape of a boat. The U.S.S. Whitaker - I can't wait!!! Our little man will fit right in with the rest of sail boat babies here in Annapolis. Here is a picture of the progress. Check it out!
The most exciting news for the month of June was that my brother-in-law became a citizen of the United States after 15 years and 15 days of setting foot on U.S. soil. It's been a much anticipated event and very long journey for him and we, as a family, are rejoicing! Here are some snapshots...
My brother-in-law has been the bell of the ball over the past few weeks among his co-workers, and it couldn't be more deserved! I guess he has come home from work looking like Uncle Sam- strutting a top hat and decked out with all the USA gear one could want. It makes you realize the true definition of what it means to be 'Proud to be an American.'
P.S. Aren't they a gorgeous family!!!

Joel and I wish a very Happy Fourth of July! And remember, if your summer vacation plans bring you to the D.C. area, promise to give us a call!

No comments: