7.24.2008

mom blogs

So I have been poking around the internet looking for gift ideas/crafts/patterns/recipes etc and have stumbled upon the world of 'mom blogs'. These ladies have set up these exquisite blogs filled with EVERYTHING you can imagine. I can't even seem to change the background on mine and yet these mom's have created these websites and have 'followings'. It's amazing.
Some of them are yes- cheesy, but others are a great resource for tricks and tips from how to stretch a penny to bargain hunting at flea markets. As I find ones that I've really found useful and fun I will be posting them under my 'Family, Friends & Favorites'. Take a look!

In the spirit of 'mom blogs' below are some snap shots from my week:
accomplishments and adventures included!

My first chocolate 'homemade' cake (icing included). I had the craving for cake- but this monster has made me not want another bite of cake for a VERY long time. The recipe was off a Hersey's Cocoa box. Lesson learned: Pay attention to where it says how many servings the recipe is for. The cake could have fed guests of a small wedding.

Thank you JoAnn fabrics! I've been waiting for there next coupon to come out so I could place the finishing touches on one itty bitty corner in our itty bitty home. (note: the lemons and limes) When cabinet space is limited- you get creative, really creative! Why not have your bar set up in the entry way...haha.

I've been soo excited for next weekend and the baby shower that is being hosted up in Ohio. To help out I was in charge of gathering the entertainment for the guys and munckins during the shower and for the Open house following. The theme of the shower is 'Carnival.' Ilse has those chucky cheese balls and needed something to put them in. Look what I found!
Meet Zanny the Zebra. (plus one day Whitaker and Kwilai can use the tent for their very own Safari Camp Outs at Grama and Grampa's)

This weekend Joel and I are planning a mini 'stay-ca-tion' and I promise to take pictures! We agreed that we wanted to take the remaining weekends and spend them however our selfish desires chose BEFORE Whitaker takes over! They will be of course low budget, no budget adventures- so if you have any ideas, let us know!

No comments: