So far (until this weekend) he has mainly stayed on the sidelines of the pregnancy conserving any enthusiasm or nervousness until the final lap- which would be now.
"Get that man a drink!"
Joel is a 'white russian' kind of guy and now more than ever could he use one! My last doctor's visit I was told that I had already dilated a cm, I guess that shocked Joel's system to the present and now reality seems to be biting. Every plan we make (especially involving any type of travel), Joel is so concerned that I'll go into labor. He also has the idea that 'labor & delivery' consists of about 10 minutes, including beginning, middle and end- so we can't be too prepared! (it's adorable).
SO, when i told him to make himself a drink- he told me he couldn't, "what if you went into labor- who would drive you to the hospital!" :)
In the mean time, I've done my best to make sure he has plenty of time to play tennis with a co-worker, hit the gun range with a friend, AND OF COURSE, make himself a drink!
love love love him!
p.s. Praise the Lord! We just found out that Joel's company rolled out some revisions to their employee handbook and Joel has a total of 3 weeks worth of "vacation" time to take off this year (as of aug. 1st)! I am so happy he won't have to rush back to work after the baby is born and will be able to catch up on some sleep and bonding with Whitaker (i.e. learn how to change a diaper!).
No comments:
Post a Comment