Monday: Flying Solo
Today Whit and I made our first excursion all by ourselves. I had to run down to the Hospital to pick something up. Everything went smoothly- we even were able to make a pit stop at a good friends house and say hello. Feedings are becoming less of an issue and more of a routine. Whit starts to cluster feed at night (12:30 am straight to 3:00 am) leaving me exhausted come morning.
Tuesday: growing, Growing, GROWING
I told Joel that I'm starting to feel a bit 'jipped'... I can even tell that Whitaker hardly looks like a newborn anymore he's growing so fast. I'm gonna have the strongest forearms from holding him up while he nurses, that or carpole tunnel in my wrists. (i gave up on the pillows).
Wednesday: 10 lbs. 15 oz.
We had to make an impromptu Dr. visit to take care of an issue with Whit's umbilical cord (nothing major). It also doubled as a test run in regards to the response time of the office staff and the ability to get in to see the Dr. last minute. The nurse called me back within an hour or so and had an appointment made for me that afternoon. Arriving at the Dr. office everyone was extremely friendly, especially since I was running 15 minutes late (in my sleep deprivation, I read the clock wrong). Whitaker weighs in at 10 lbs. 15 oz. The doctor bets me $10 bucks that he'll gain another pound by Tuesday (our original 2 week visit). As I suspected, the Dr. tells me he's the size of an average 3 month old.
Thursday: Vacuums and Mirrors
Whitaker and I have a lazy day. To entertain Whit while I vacuum and do some general clean up, I brought out a mirror that fits in a crib, I wasn't sure if he would even be interested,
Friday: Visitors
Whitaker's Great Great Uncle Alex and Great Great Aunt Doris drop in for a visit and take us to a nice dinner. They brought with them a family tree that they have been putting together as well as several old photographs- it was great to learn more about Joel's side of the family. During the day Whitaker slept... and slept, only to wake up to eat. Our Dr. appt is on Tuesday and I'm sure that he will have gained more weight and grown an inch!
Saturday: Spit Up and Smiles
Whit has a case of the 'spit ups' and I'm can't keep up with the laundry. It's frustrating when I'll spend 30 minutes feeding him only for him to lose it all in a second. I will have to ask the Dr. for what signs to look out for as far as possible problem, colic, etc. To make up for it, Whitaker this week as discovered his 'smile' reflex- oh is he going to be a charmer! We take our longest walk yet, and so far I'm feeling great. Joel and I start to realize the impact of going from just Hubby and Wife to Hubby, Dad, Wife and Mom..pray for grace ;)
Sunday: Church
Today was our first attempt at going to church as a family. I still get the goose bumps when we ride together in the car- something about it just solidifies the fact that we're a "family". I guess the baby blue blanket gave it away that he was 'brand new' as we got stares and smiles from all the ladies in the row in front of us. Of course, Whitaker did great- he did what he does best, sleep! Speaking of which, I finally hit the wall of exhaustion and joined Whitaker for a late afternoon nap- sweet relief!
Signing out- Jac & Whit
No comments:
Post a Comment