6.01.2009

life as i know it.

Things on the home front have busy. very busy. All I have to tell you is that Whitaker pulled himself up for the first time this evening, and you can pretty much figure out the rest. The kid is getting into everything, and he hasn't even started crawling yet. Yes, I know- we're not even "at the beginning" of Whitaker literally taking over and going a million miles an hour, but we're approaching the starting gate quickly.
Only other baby news is that I ordered my first batch of cloth diapers this afternoon. I've been waiting until I got low on disposables before taking the plunge. In the beginning I actually used cloth diapers my sister had passed down to me, but Whitaker (of course) quickly grew out of them and I never got more. This is just another creative way I'm trying to slim down on our budget. I'm taking the inexpensive route and purchased prefolds and diaper covers. For Joel's sake, I did splurge and I bought a couple of fitted diapers (the same thing as a disposable diaper, but with velcro. they act like a prefold and you still have to put a cover over them). Of course, for everything I bought, I got it in the brightest colors possible. Why not? I figure if I have to wash these thing day in and day out, they might as well be bright. Again, I'll save (more than you ever wanted to know about) the diaper details for a later post. Maybe I'll do - Day 1 with w/o Disposable Diapers.
{and to be fair, I'm cheating. I don't plan on using them at night, long outings or even on trips}

Well, that's about it. Oh- and what about "us". Not that you care as much (wink), but Joel and I are on the hunt for full-time jobs. At the moment, the first one who gets a job sets the schedule. Please pray that in the midst {of what sometimes feels like a free fall} we seek the Lord's plan for our lives, especially when we know we'll be susceptible to giving into desperation and taking what ever gets handed to us.
Been there, done that and DON'T want to do it again!

Enjoy your week!!!

No comments: