Anywho, back to my 'Ah-Ha' moment...
Life has been more than just stressful. To many life changes at one time is not a good thing. Married. Pregnant. Move again. Baby. Move once more. Parents Basement. Unemployed. Full-Time Student. {and somehow still married. yes, there are many a day that this fact is a miracle.} I don't say that to degrade Joel in anyway- it's more about the fact that I haven't gone completely nuts and run away to Tahiti. (though, even if I did steal all of Joel's money, I don't think i could afford the plane ticket to get there}. That being said, I must admit that there have been weeks where I have not been on speaking terms with God. The range of emotions that run their course through my brain each day can literally be physically draining. Over exaggerated? Maybe. But that's how I feel sometimes.
{Enter Oswald Chambers}
In this weekend's quiet times when reading 'My Utmost For His Highest' I have felt the gentle but LOUD voice of God calling me back, to place all my cares upon Him. In fear of sounding cliche, letting go and letting God. After reading, and re-reading the past several days worth of devotionals, I ran out of arguments as to why I thought I could survive the next 22 months not on my knees, asking Christ to carry me through each and every day.
June 11. Matthew 11:28 "Come unto Me."
"'...And I will give you rest." i.e. I will stay you. Not- I will put you to bed and hold your hand and sing you to sleep; but--I will get you out of bed, out of the languor and exhaustion, out of the state of being half dead while you are alive; I will imbue you with the spirit of life, and you will be stayed by the perfection of vital activity."
June 12. John 1:38,39,43 "Master, where dwellest Thou?...Come and see.. Follow Me"
"... spiritual measles. In sections we look all right. When we have our best spiritual mood on, you would think we were high-toned saints; but don' t look at us when are not in that mood...Make no conditions, let Jesus be everything, and He will take you home with Him not only for a day, but forever."
June 13 Mark 1:7 "Come ye after Me."
"The saint realizes that it is God who engineers circumstances, consequently there is no whine, but a reckless abandon to Jesus."
June 14 John 15:4 "Abide in Me"
"It does not matter what my circumstances are, I can be as sure of abiding in Jesus in them as in a prayer meeting...He (Jesus Christ) never chose His own circumstances, but was meek towards His Father's dispensations for Him...Determine to abide in Jesus where ever you are placed."
Thank You God. and Oswald.
"... spiritual measles. In sections we look all right. When we have our best spiritual mood on, you would think we were high-toned saints; but don' t look at us when are not in that mood...Make no conditions, let Jesus be everything, and He will take you home with Him not only for a day, but forever."
June 13 Mark 1:7 "Come ye after Me."
"The saint realizes that it is God who engineers circumstances, consequently there is no whine, but a reckless abandon to Jesus."
June 14 John 15:4 "Abide in Me"
"It does not matter what my circumstances are, I can be as sure of abiding in Jesus in them as in a prayer meeting...He (Jesus Christ) never chose His own circumstances, but was meek towards His Father's dispensations for Him...Determine to abide in Jesus where ever you are placed."
Thank You God. and Oswald.
No comments:
Post a Comment